This is the story of our crazy little family.We do not claim to have it all worked out perfectly. We do not claim to be experts. What we do know is that everyday is a new adventure. Everyday there will be some tears, some laughter, some anger, some misunderstandings, some joy, some sorrow and a whole lot of happiness and love! That is how we know we are doing some things right!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

We love being new parents!

Well Sara has been home for about two weeks now (even though she is three weeks old) and we love having her here! She is eager to explore her world and watch everyone around her with her big beautiful eyes. Sata spends a lot of her days with her Mommy while Daddy goes to work but next week Mom is starting to substitute teach again so Daddy will get his turn to spend some quality time with his daughter. Sara continues to grow right before our very eyes. At her last doctors visit Sara weighed in at 8lbs 12 oz. Her next appointment is on the 16th of November so we will see what kind of progress she made...she definately is eating well and she has mastered the art of pooping so I think her progress will be positive.

I have decided to breastfeed. Not only did it appeal to me because it helps to burn calories, but there were many other reasons as well. The time spent breastfeeding is a quality time that Sara and I bond. I have also read so many positive things about the nutrients and benefits of breastmilk for babies, that even though sometimes I wish that I could wake David up at 3 AM to feed her with a formula bottle, I would not trade the time I spend with her for anything.

We have begun to master what Sara does and does not prefer. She loves her walks. I will usually take her on a long walk during the day, which most of the time puts her to sleep, and Dave loves to take her for a walk when he gets home from work at night. Sara also loves the sound of the shower running. When I take a shower I pull the bouncy seat into the edge of the bathroom and no matter what Sara immediately calms down while the water is running and sometimes even falls asleep (if I shower long enough)

Sara has also had a few adventures outside of the home already. She has gone for visits to both grandparents homes for different occassions. We also took Sara for a trip to the Christmas Tree Shoppe in Freehold with Dave, Grammie, and Grampie. She did pretty well. Dave and I understand that she is young and that there are lots of germs out there but we have never taken her anywhere for an extended period of time with strangers and we always have her covered up so that people can't get too close. But I felt as though if I did not get out of the house I was going to go nuts so every once and awhile a little trip to the store to save our sanity works for us.

In the upcoming week Aunt Barbara, Uncle Dick, cousin Mellie, and Aunt Claris will be coming to visit. We look forward to the company!!

No comments:

Post a Comment