This is the story of our crazy little family.We do not claim to have it all worked out perfectly. We do not claim to be experts. What we do know is that everyday is a new adventure. Everyday there will be some tears, some laughter, some anger, some misunderstandings, some joy, some sorrow and a whole lot of happiness and love! That is how we know we are doing some things right!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our 5 Month Update

Well little Sara has officially reached 5 months old. Recently she has become so capable of moving herself about, rolling over, eating a variety of different veggies and fruits, and also learning how to manipulate those around her (the little stinker) When we went to the doctor she got 2 more shots...which she was pretty unhappy about because there was one in each leg. Sara now weighs 15.4 lbs and is 26 inches long. She is getting so big!! At this particular doctor's appointment Sara decided to test out the absorbency of the paper that lays on her table by peeing all over it the second the doctor took the diaper off to check her out. What a bugger she is!!!

Sara has now mastered having bananas, apples, pears, peaches, and sweet potatoes. She absolutely loves her fruits. It is very funny to watch her when she realizes it is time to eat. From the moment she gets into the highchair she begins squealing, openning her mouth in all directions, and banging whatever toys are on her tray. She is too funny!! The moment that Dave or myself will sit down next to her and begin to feed her she is a nonstop talker. It is almost as if she is telling us how much she enjoys the food and wants more of it!

Sara now rolls over from both front to back and from back to front. She loves wiggling herself around to different positions depending on where her toys are. She has also mastered the sitting up by herself thing. Occassionally she will topple over but she loves every aspect of sitting up and being able to reach for her toys. Along with her new skills of sitting up and rolling over Sara has also already mastered the pouty lip technique to get someone to come over and pick her up or move her to do something else. Yes it may very well be that I just run to her when she does become fussy but when I am holding her and she wants to do something else she begins to put out her lip and make a little fake cry about it. It is so funny to watch! Dave and I have become smart to her ways (however that doesn't always stop us from running to her when it sounds like she needs us...hahaha)

In other news I got a job covering a 4th grade classroom til the end of the year. The teacher went out on maternity leave. I am very excited about this opportunity and the challenge because from what I can tell thus far this class will be a challenge. The only downfall is that it is not a long enough time period to gain a contract so I do not get benefits from teaching so I am stuck working at Outback for the benefits. So for the next few months it may become very stressful but I did not want to pass on the opportunity and the ability to get my name out there. I do not know that it will actually help me though with all this drama of cutting school budgets in NJ due to the governor but I will just do the best I can. (Never in my wildest dreams did I think that there would be no opportunity to get a teaching job in NJ, especially after I got a special education degree and took all the credits that were recommended...I mean there is no other job that I would want to have so I hope that this budget cutting gets worked out and jobs will open up again)

No comments:

Post a Comment