This is the story of our crazy little family.We do not claim to have it all worked out perfectly. We do not claim to be experts. What we do know is that everyday is a new adventure. Everyday there will be some tears, some laughter, some anger, some misunderstandings, some joy, some sorrow and a whole lot of happiness and love! That is how we know we are doing some things right!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Sara's Baptism

Well yesterday was Sara's baptism. It really meant a lot to me that she was baptized and experienced the welcoming of the church and becoming a member. I mean ultimately I understand that it will be her decision as she gets older but I would like her to have that opportunity and especially one in that church because that is my family's tie to my grandfather on my mom's side and thats where my mom went to church as well as my sister and I grew up there. That is what matters the most to me. It was a very nice ceremony by Pastor Joe Hein. It was very nice that there were so many members of the family that came to the church ceremony as well...such as each set of grandparents, Aunt Sue, Aunt Diane, Traci & her daughter, Walter, Chrissy & her daughter, Cindy, Flair, John, Deedee, Sarah, Sarah, Kiley, Aunt Kelli, Aunt Jill, Uncle Scott, GG, Mellie, and Claris. It was wonderful!

Afterwords we held 60 people at our house for a party and boy was it interesting. Initially we were going to eat at the Outback, but then with how many people said they were coming it was impossible to have them there. All in all with the heat and the fact that we did not plan on hosting it at our house til the Thursday before it was very successful! Everyone seemed to eat enough and there were plenty of desserts to go around ( we will be eating Erica's delicious creme puffs for days) Thanks to Aunt Kelli who made our delicious cake and to our friends and family who showed up and beared the heat. Here are some pictures to capture the moments...

The delicious cake from Aunt Kelli!



At the church



Splashing around with my friend Courtney ( had to get that beautiful dress off)

No comments:

Post a Comment