This is the story of our crazy little family.We do not claim to have it all worked out perfectly. We do not claim to be experts. What we do know is that everyday is a new adventure. Everyday there will be some tears, some laughter, some anger, some misunderstandings, some joy, some sorrow and a whole lot of happiness and love! That is how we know we are doing some things right!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

running and running and running

So as you know I have been training for running the half marathon in December in Las Vegas with my Uncle Dick and my two cousins Jaime and Brian. I would have always considered myself an atheltic individual. I mean granted I know I haven't played a sport in the longest times and only go to the gym maybe 3 or 4 days a week but I never realized how out of shape I am. I am following the schedule and plan from my friend Kerry and I am currently on the 3 and 4 mile week. First of all I did not realize actually how far 3 or 4 miles is and not only that but how much I time I have to think about things. It is really unbelievable!

So with all my time to think we have discussed and thought about putting Sara in a daycare program, for a few reasons. Dave is really trying to work more with having a new partner and wanting to reduce the amount of time for the kids (which in turn is our money in our pockets) but also for Sara to actually interact with children of her age group. As of now our friends that have children her age we do not get to see long or we do not know a lot of people her age. This will allow her for a couple of hours to interact with children and learn how to actually play along with kids rather than alongside. I think it is a great idea for Sara and a good opportunity for her however I keep thinking once I put her in school she is then going to be in school for the rest of her life. She will have to continue on in a preschool program and then she will move on to kindergarten. It is kind of scary in that aspect. But the better part of this experience is that with our schedules and the help of our parents we do not have to put her in full time nor do we have to put her in for full days on the days that she is going. She can attend it for just a few hours and gain enough exposure to other children. It will definately be a huge adjustment foor me though leaving her at a place without someone she knows. It is a bit scary!

If my mind is working in full mode already at only 3 to 4 miles I can only imagine when I reach the week of running 8 miles. Oh boy!! Keep you updated on the training! I will not give up though because everyone thinks I can not do this so I am going to make it my mission to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment