This is the story of our crazy little family.We do not claim to have it all worked out perfectly. We do not claim to be experts. What we do know is that everyday is a new adventure. Everyday there will be some tears, some laughter, some anger, some misunderstandings, some joy, some sorrow and a whole lot of happiness and love! That is how we know we are doing some things right!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer is Off and Running

Well summertime is off and running and boy have we been keeping busy. Most of the time we walk over to Pop-pop and Grandma's pool but we have journeyed down to the beach in Manasquan, traveled to the Children's Museum in Paramus, rode rides at the boardwalk in Keansburg, and adventured in local fairs. Sara definitely keeps you on your toes though. No wonder I often came home to find Daddy or Big Sarah napping with Sara after the long days with her. She is a ball of energy who constantly wants to be entertained.

I think that it is funny come summer time how different things can become as well as stay the same. This is the first summer that I am enjoying more of my daily time because I worked all school year. Do not get me wrong I am still serving at Outback and tutoring two kids, but it is definitely interesting seeing Sara on a daily basis from morning, throughout her day to dinner and bedtime.

We are currently debating whether or not send Sara over to school in September. I think that it will be extremely benefiial to her to get in a small routine and have consistent interaction with children her age group. Dave is concerned with putting her into school all ready and then having to keep her into school until Kindergarten because she misses the cut off and will go to preschool for three years but I think he does not realize how much it is not like school at first. It is preparation to follow the rules and directions, interact with peers, share, identify basic needs. I hope it is a good decision for her and she adjusts quickly and easily.

Lucy, Kristen, and Aunt Barb are here to visit from Colorado so I will be updating again shortly with pictures and informtion on how we are spending time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment