This is the story of our crazy little family.We do not claim to have it all worked out perfectly. We do not claim to be experts. What we do know is that everyday is a new adventure. Everyday there will be some tears, some laughter, some anger, some misunderstandings, some joy, some sorrow and a whole lot of happiness and love! That is how we know we are doing some things right!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

1st Christmas

Sara's first Christmas was a successful one! She slept through the majority of her day, shared a lot of her smiles, and was a pretty content little girl. We started our holiday off at our house on Christmas Eve night with Grammie, Grampie, and Aunt Kelli coming over and exchanging gifts. On Christmas morning we went to Grandma and Pop-pop's house for breakfast and exchanged gifts there with Aunt Jill, Uncle Scott, and Great-Grandpa Al (otherwise refered to as "GG") In the afternoon we made it over to Aunt Sue and Uncle Bob's to visit with everyone there. Overall the day was very relaxing and pleasant...Dave and I really enjoyed ourselves. Sara now has even more things than we could've possibly imagined. It was definately nice of the family to buy her clothes because she is running through them so quickly these days. She is already wearing the size 3 months or in certain outfits 3-6 months. I can not believe how quickly she is growing...it is amazing! The day was not complete without Sara's share of toys. However most of them will have to remain in the attic or closet for alittle while longer...she still can't quite play with things. Dave and I also had an awesome day with the family. We got a bunch of great things from everyone...we especially love the Super Mario Bros Wii game. I think it will be our new addiction for a while...or until Dave gets so frustrated that he can't master it that it gets thrown out the window...hahaha!

Right before Christmas Sara had her 2 month check-up at the doctors. Our new vitals are 12lbs 4 oz and 22 1/2 inches long. She is still in the average percentiles for her weight, head circumference, and length. I keep thinking that she is gaining too much weight already but the doctor keeps assuring me that it is normal. Sara got two more vaccine shots and an oral vaccine. The first time she got shots it seemed like a piece of cake. I mean she cried when she got it (don't get me wrong) but this time she definately felt the effects of getting 2 shots. I had to actually give her tylenol after the doctor's appointments. That was probably the hardest day so far because she just looked so unhappy and uncomfortable..and of course I had to go to work...so I felt terrible. I told Dave it was almost as if she was very clingy to me that afternoon and wanted to be held...aww so heartbreaking! However she is doing great now so there are no worries! I kept with the tradition and took Sara's picture in the same rocker chair for this month to notice the progression. She does look so adorable if I do say so myself... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment