This is the story of our crazy little family.We do not claim to have it all worked out perfectly. We do not claim to be experts. What we do know is that everyday is a new adventure. Everyday there will be some tears, some laughter, some anger, some misunderstandings, some joy, some sorrow and a whole lot of happiness and love! That is how we know we are doing some things right!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Good-byes/Redemption

I recently attended a memorial service for a friend's dad. I have known this friend since second grade. Yes I would not classify her as a close friend and the only people to blame for that is us enitrely. I was thinking of this when I attended the serivce because all I could think was this used to be a girl I would spend every other weekend at her house sleeping over and spending two or three days with during the week. Yes friends grow apart for no reason at all and that is no one's fault but it always brings you back to that emotional moment when you think, "What happened to us?" I could not stop thinking of this throughout the service and begin to blame myself. Like maybe I was that girl that I hate seeing now in my class. The girl who talks behind the other friend's back because what they did maybe wasn't the coolest. I know I am rambling but this is a thing I believe many people deal with at a variety of different times throughout our lives.

The worst part about these thoughts is that I walked away from that friend after the service saying to one another, "Oh please let's get together soon and catch up." "Oh yes I would love that!" And in the back of your mind you know this is just us being polite and how much can you bet that neither will call the other and it will go on that way again until we see each other. It sounds fresh but I know that I am finally just saying what I feel after every single time that happens. I wish it was not like that but the only one who can fix that is me.

This is one of those moments that I feel like I have to write down in order to remind myself to teach Sara these things and just hope that one day your children will be better people than you are yourself. I am going to make the effort to make the call and reach out. I hope that this will be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment