This is the story of our crazy little family.We do not claim to have it all worked out perfectly. We do not claim to be experts. What we do know is that everyday is a new adventure. Everyday there will be some tears, some laughter, some anger, some misunderstandings, some joy, some sorrow and a whole lot of happiness and love! That is how we know we are doing some things right!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Waiting and Waiting

So we are about 9 days away from our projected due date and our little one is sitting at a stand still of progress. I was dialated at 1 centimeter about four weeks ago and at our visit today we were told that I am still at that 1 centimeter. I keep telling myself that she will know when is her right time to come out but the excitment and the anxiety to meet her is killing me..I wish she would just make up her mind already. Our next appointment is about three days before the due date and the doctor said that at that time, if she still is at a standstill, we can make the decision to decide to induce or we can wait it out another week and see what happens. I am not too sure how I feel about being induced and involving drugs that quickly..but who am I kidding by that point I am sure that I will feel differently and want to schedule the induction asap!

In other news..Dave had his surprise 30th birthday party. There were many family members and a some good friends who were there to surprise him when he got home from work. Everything went smoothly and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves...but believe me that will be the last time I choose to throw a party when I am over 8 months pregnant..a bit stressful. Dave was excited to have family over the house so that everyone could see the progress we were making with our house. The progress is coming along slowly but what has been accomplished is looking wonderful. We have been trying to do one room or one area at a time. We first did the kitchen with all new cabinets, new countertops, new appliances and new paint. Then we painted a couple of the bedrooms upstairs to give them a fresher look. We also did our upstairs bathroom. We expanded it and got new fixtures put in. Everything takes time but lately with being off work I have gotten a lot more accomplished, which is comforting because pretty soon I know we will have our hands full.

Coldstone is still working out well for Dave. It is keeping him busy...even more now with the holiday season approaching because people love their pies and cakes. I stopped working at Outback about three weeks ago..I subbed for a couple of days to keep myself occupied and I continue to tutor a little boy who was in my kindergarten class last year. I feel like the more active I stay the less I stress about being uncomfortable or in pain. Anyways thats about it for us here...hopefully the next post will have exciting baby news and pictures attached! Let's cross our fingers!

1 comment:

  1. At least you are that 1 cm! Some people never make it that far without drugs. Good head start, lol. I know the feeling very well of waiting and waiting. I reeeaally didn't want to be induced. At my apt when I was 40 weeks and right around my due date they asked if they could schedule the induction but I wouldn't have to show up if I didn't want to. So we did that, and Olivia was born one day before the scheduled induction. I'm glad because as much as I didn't want to be induced, knowing I could just go in and have my baby THAT day would be very tempting. I hope she comes soon for ya! Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete